London

What are your favorite Haunted Places?
TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

London

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:31 pm

I really want to visit The Tower of London. A friend of mine has been there a dozen times and he said you can just feel the spirits. I don't know if he was just trying to freak me out but I tend to believe him on this one. I watched some things on youtube from ghost hunters and it was really scary. I would love to go but would not want to be alone, the thought scares me too death. Has anyone ever visited and if so, did you experience any thing?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: London

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:52 am

There's literaly no end to the ghost stories about the Tower of London. That's one of my mumber 1 "must see" spots.

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 pm

I'd like to go back there. Unfortunately, I only have 2 photos of the Tower and all of them are from the river, outside. I was in England in 1997 as a student ambassador. We stopped by the Tower. Can't say I saw anything out of the ordinary. Can't say I felt anything out of the ordinary. It was just too long ago. Though if I had to say, White Tower was probably the spookiest, but that's because the lighting was poor and, despite the number of people there, it was scary-quiet.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Those palces are usualy scary just by their nature. The Tower of London was a prison and torture chamber. It was also where many of the executions were carried out, and other horendous attrocities, so it's a prime candidate for a haunting. London, itself is a very ancient city, where there are many places like that. There's this one place where the orphans and other poor of london lived, where a 10 year old girl was hung for stealing a loaf of bread. It's adia that her sobbing can be heard from time to time.

In fact, all of these really old cities in Europe are rife with ghost stories.

Mike